Patternland Weave Simulator for Windows 6.06
Maple Hill Software released our all new Patternland Weave Simulator for Windows version 6.0 on August 1, 1996. Our new program combines the graphical user interface of Microsoft Windows with the best of all our DOS programs' features, including those from Weave Publisher and Pattern Grapher. PWSW requires Windows 3.x or Windows 95 and a 386 PC with 4MB, and runs best on a 486 or Pentium computer with at least 8MB. Version 6.06 was released on January 25, 1998. A Trial Edition of the program is available by mail (good toward program purchase), or you can download it from our Web Site for free. Our new Patternland Step-By-Step Guide Part 1 can also be downloaded from our Web Site, printable from MS Word 6.0 or 97.
Patternland Weave Simulator for Windows Version 6.06 features include:
- Unified or Independent Weave Editors function interactively with simultaneous changes in the interlacement and Weaving Mini-display as you edit the threading, tie-up, treadling or lift-plan. 8000 warp or weft, and 255 shafts.
- Fluid mouse drawing, or mouse click, capability in the graphpaper editors using graphical interface tools such as the pencil, eraser, and paint brush for colors or symbols.
- Numeric or graphic data. Clicking or drawing with the pencil tool actually inputs multi-digit numbers, e.g. "24", or blocks of color into the draft! Scaleable graphpaper and four draft formats for the tie-up position.
- Use Microsoft Windows 16-million color palette to select single colors or create your own color palettes with as many as 512 colors in each palette. Several 128, 64 and 16 color palettes are already included.
- Design Editor for tapestry, fiberarts, and pattern analysis with Weave Wizard. View simultaneous Design Mini-display as you create a design.
- Network drafting with fluid drawing in the Design Editor. Translate curvilinear drafts to numeric weave data!
- 3D adjustable warp and weft bending interlacement creates cloth simulation in display and print that gives a multi-layered appearance, like releasing the loom's tension on your newly formed cloth.
- Incredible scale-ability in EPI/PPI or EPC/PPC, or decipoints, inches, centimeters, display units and pixels for editing, displaying and printing. Works with any printer supported by MS-Windows.
- Profile drafting and block substitution in threading, tieup, treadling and lift-plan.
- Edit the draft using Quick Utilities or Windows Clipboard features of Edit/Copy and Paste. New GoTo button.
- Create advancing or merged copies, or perform symmetrical operations including rotate tie-up.
- Compare multiple drafts on one screen, copy draft components from one to another or save them separately.
- Float count, heddle count, thread-color count and yarn calculator with printable reports.
- Desktop page preview and publication-quality printing using scaleable font text or graphics, with optional block notation and framing. Patternland pen & brush to create yarn texture or shading.
- Multi-shaft weave library includes networks and color palettes.
- Two new color-illustrated printed manuals: Patternland Step-By-Step Guide by Jyoti Coyle and Patternland for the Computer Illiterate Weaver by Eleanor Best. Also extensive printable On-line Help.
- Loom Control support for: AVL Compu-Dobby I & II plus Cartridge, Cyrefco Compumarche, J-Made J-Comp, Louët Magic Dobby Electronic Interface, Macomber Air Dobby & Electronic Single Pedal, Schacht Combby and LIPS/SLIPS.
- Supports WIF data format to share files with other weaving programs and to publish patterns on disk.
Thank you for your interest in our software. See our order form for price list.
Ravi Nielsen, Programmer & Jyoti Coyle, Artist/Weaver
Copyright © 1997-98 Maple Hill Software
Last updated: 3/3/98